2.23.2014

Winter Sky // Quite Place

There's a quote that goes "the earth has music for those who listen"… Tonight there was no music. No singing birds, no flowing water… Instead there was the beautiful absence of sound, & that in a sense, became music. It was spread over the earth in the form of soft snow, giving everything a hushed feeling.

It was freezing cold, but I rolled down the windows while I was driving. I let the wind blow my hair. I smiled because I love winter; its cold & wonderful. Beautiful things don't ask for attention. The beautiful things in nature are always there for those who truly see. Take the time to stop, listen, & see the wonder that surrounds us.

I went to a quite place. I stood silent, with frozen ground under my feet. The daylight was quickly fading. I watched the rolling clouds dance above me. Like a cold fire, setting the heavens ablaze. Blue shadows lengthened, the temperature dropped & the trees stood tall.…












…. Sometimes we waste our time, our lives, our words - & we don't take the time to see the things that truly matter. I don't take the time to say the things that are in my heart when I have the chance talk to people. A simple hello or goodbye could lead to a million things. The what-if's & should-have's are always somewhere, nagging at the back of my mind.

"Deep inside, she knew who she was, & that person was smart & kind & often even funny, but somehow her personality always got lost somewhere between her heart & her mouth, & she found herself saying the wrong thing or, more often, nothing at all." ~Julia Quinn  // This quote reminds me so much of myself.

There are times when I forget to show people how much they mean to me. I should never stop showing them. Too many people undervalue what they are & overvalue what they're not. Life is happening now. Cling to Jesus, love your life, love your family, love your friends. I need take chances & attack each day with renewed enthusiasm. I need to be brave & afraid of nothing. I need to be there for people. I need to continually be renewing my appreciation for the beauty that surrounds me….

I finished the day with a light in my heart & feelings swirling around in my mind. Soon the afterglow of the sun disappeared & the heavenly masterpiece in the sky was gone forever. I was glad I stood there to watch, even if it was just for a moment, because another day glorious day of life ended beautifully.

-GB

No comments:

Post a Comment